Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | More
Al Calozzi – Calozzi’s Cheesesteaks – San Diego, CA
- Al Calozzi is the owner of Calozzi’s Cheesesteaks serving authentic Philly cheesesteaks from two his locations in Seattle, and San Diego.
- Growing up in a family restaurant Al learned to cook his first cheesesteak from his uncle at ten years old.
- Starting as a food cart vendor, Al describes the obstacles he has faced over his career and how he was able to persevere by focusing on his goals.
- Haters motivate: Al describing how he takes negative energy and uses it as fuel to keep going.
- Competing in the 2019 National Cheesesteak Day charity event on March 24th to benefit the Special Olympics San Diego Region.
Website – http://calozzis.net/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/calozzischeesesteaks/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/calozzispacificbeach/
Yelp Small Business Stories – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGJGatNXQeY
Men’s Journal – https://www.mensjournal.com/food-drink/the-10-best-places-for-cheesesteaks-that-arent-philly-w442678/
Social Shout Out
Be sure to tag and interact with us on social for your chance to win a Behind The Smoke mug!
- “Consistency that’s the thing. I’m on a ten year run of this and I can tell you my sandwiches are always the same. I’ve had knuckleheads and they don’t last. I don’t tolerate it. I know they are not cooking the meat right or they’re not slicing the onions right. I know how that sandwich is supposed to be.” – [21:38] Al Calozzi
- I don’t look at them as failures; it’s lessons learned along the way… What kept me going through all those failures and obstacles was that passion. I love making cheesesteaks. I love cooking. I love being in hot kitchens.” – [40:53] Al Calozzi
- Think about all the time we spend with friends and family and the times we cherish. Typically that’s done over food and drink.” – [45:20] Shawn Walchef
Get in Touch:
Shawn P. Walchef – @shawnpwalchef on Twitter
Derek Marso – @marsoderek on Twitter
Cory Wagner – @iamcorywagner on Twitter
Bryan Abou Chacra – @kinglordbryan on Twitter
Behind The Smoke Media
Website – http://www.behindthesmokemedia.com/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/behindthesmokepod/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/bbqwarstories/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/behindthesmokepod
Valley Farm Market
Website – https://valleyfarmmarkets.com/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/valleyfarmarket
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/valleyfarmmarket_lajolla
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/valleyfarmmarketlajolla/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/valleyfarmmarket/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/valleyfarmmarketSD/
Cali Comfort BBQ
Website – www.calicomfortbbq.com
Instagram – http://www.instagram.com/calicomfortbbq/
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/calicomfort
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/calicomfortbbq/
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/CaliComfortBBQ/
Email – email@example.com
Shawn P. Walchef on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnpwalchef/
Logo & Music
Graphic Design Ricoy Creative
Music by Jet West Band
Behind The Smoke Sticker Request
Get Involved & Stay Curious