Ali Hussainy – BD Outdoors – @Bloodydecks – San Diego, CA
Podcast recorded live above the butcher shop at Valley Farm Market in Spring Valley, California.
- Ali Hussainy is the co-founder and president of BD Outdoors an online fishing and hunting community focusing on all facets of sport fishing, boating, and hunting.
- Originally started as Bloody Decks in 2003, BD Outdoors was created to share fishing information with anyone interested in becoming an angler or fisherman.
- How Ali and his partners developed the Local Knowledge TV show as a resource to anyone who is passionate about fishing.
- Becoming more niche, Ali explains how BD Outdoors adapted from a traditional online forum in the wake of social media.
- Ali describes going through the recession and the impact it had the fishing industry.
Website – https://www.bdoutdoors.com/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/bloodydecks
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/bdoutdoorsdotcom/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Bloodydecks
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/bdoutdoors/
Ali Hussainy – https://www.instagram.com/bdoali/
BD Outdoors Media – http://www.bdomedia.com/
Local Knowledge – https://www.localknowledge.tv
Fish Dope – https://www.fishdope.com/
Marlin Magazine – https://www.marlinmag.com/
World Outdoor News – https://www.wonews.com/
Social Shout Out
Be sure to tag us and interact with the podcast on social for your chance to win a Behind The Smoke mug!
- “The old model is you want to drive people to TV so that your sponsors get seen. We’re internet guys; that’s not the model. The model is get your shit seen. Don’t care if you watch a promo that lasts a minute… We just want you to see our content.” – [02:06] Ali Hussainy
- “Nobody wanted us to make it in this business because we were saying bad words and letting fishermen act like fishermen. I think prior to social media, our business, everybody really thought it was grandpa and little Bobby going down to the lake, holding hands.” – [27:49] Ali Hussainy
- “Sometimes working harder isn’t smarter. When that ship was sinking. I was in there seven days a week, 16 hours a day… I should’ve worked smarter and should have really taken a step back.” – [16:40] Ali Hussainy
Get in Touch:
Shawn P. Walchef – @shawnpwalchef on Twitter
Derek Marso – @marsoderek on Twitter
Cory Wagner – @iamcorywagner on Twitter
Bryan Abou Chacra – @kinglordbryan on Twitter
Behind The Smoke Media
Website – http://www.behindthesmokemedia.com/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/bbqwarstories/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/bbqwarstories/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/bbqwarstories/
Valley Farm Market
Website – https://valleyfarmmarkets.com/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/valleyfarmarket
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/valleyfarmmarket/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/valleyfarmmarketSD/
Cali Comfort BBQ
Website – www.calicomfortbbq.com
Instagram – http://www.instagram.com/calicomfortbbq/
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/calicomfort
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/calicomfortbbq/
Email – email@example.com
Shawn P. Walchef on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnpwalchef/
Logo & Branding
Graphic Design Ricoy Creative
Music by Jet West Band
Get Involved & Stay Curious…