Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | More
At the heart of the annual Holiday Bowl is hospitality and community.
On this episode of the Digital Hospitality podcast, Holiday Bowl CEO Mark Neville talks about the history of the NCAA bowl game in San Diego, the nonprofit’s future at Petco Park, and how the live event gives back to the community.
At Cali BBQ we are very proud to support the San Diego County Credit Union 2021 Holiday Bowl at Petco Park. The game takes place December 28, 2021 at 5pm.
LEARN MORE: https://www.holidaybowl.com/
ABOUT THE HOLIDAY BOWL —
The mission of the non-profit San Diego Bowl Game Association is to generate tourism, visibility and economic impact for the San Diego region by producing the Holiday Bowl and other outstanding events and experiences for visitors and local fans of all ages.
The San Diego Bowl Game Association is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization which produces the San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl and a year-around festival of events.
For 40 years, the Holiday Bowl has played a significant economic role in the success of San Diego’s tourism industry. The nonprofit San Diego Bowl Game Association fills hotel rooms and provides patrons for restaurants and shops during one of San Diego’s slowest tourism weeks of the year. Since its inception in 1978, the San Diego Bowl Game Association has created an impact of more than $850 million for the region.
The Big Flag:
The Holiday Bowl Big Flag is one of the largest ceremonial American Flags in the United States that is regularly used in conjunction with large public sporting events. The Big Flag has been presented at the Super Bowl, World Series and numerous NFL, NCAA and MLB events.
HOLIDAY BOWL FACTS:
• 800,000+ San Diego hotel room nights generated since the recession of 2008
• $950 million in economic benefit for the San Diego region since the Holiday Bowl’s inception in 1978
• 242 Holiday Bowl and Poinsettia Bowl alums who are currently on NFL rosters
• 23 of Holiday Bowl games not decided until the final two minutes
• 19 of Holiday Bowl games decided by 7 points or less
• 2 of Heisman Trophy winners who have played in the Holiday Bowl
• 11 of times BYU has played in the Holiday Bowl
• 34 members in the SDBGA Hall of Fame
• 65,416 is the largest attendance in Holiday Bowl history
CONNECT WITH CALI BBQ MEDIA:
➤ Free Media Coaching Application — https://forms.gle/cnQ3sefMcAxQXbKa6
➤ Digital Hospitality Podcast Archive — https://calibbq.media/podcast-episodes
➤ Cali BBQ Media Blog — https://calibbq.media/blog
RELATED CALI BBQ MEDIA CONTENT:
Wonderfront Festival is a labor of love for Mr. San Diego Ernie Hahn (DH 007)
Marketing with Influence | Farmers Insurance Open (DH 017)
Marketing Insights from a Career in Sports | Luke Gilbert, San Diego Seals (DH 021)